P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
26. Candide by Arthur ReelCast: 15 M, 10 F, extras (Flexible cast 50+. Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 90 pgs.
FARCE/SATIRE. Wickedly funny, this adaptation of the classic novel by Voltaire traces the exploits of Candide as he travels through Europe and the New World. The story begins as Candide is banished ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
27. Canterbury Tales, The by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 14 M, 19 F, 7 flexible, extras (Doubling, tripling possible. Flexible cast 59+)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 91 pgs.
CLASSIC COMEDY. This family-friendly adaptation of Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales contains five of his most famous tales, additional roles for females, and all the hilarity that made the ori... READ MORE | BUY NOW
28. Career Day by Art ShulmanCast: 5 M, 3 F, 6 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 39 pgs.
FARCE. Hilarity abounds when ten wacky guest speakers arrive at Greenwood High’s Career Day to educate students about the “thrilling” job opportunities that await them. There’s a plastic surgeon, a g... READ MORE | BUY NOW
29. Case of the Missing Time by Daniel O'DonnellCast: 4 M, 10 F
Time: Approximately 80 minutes, 86 pgs.
MYSTERY/FARCE. Big Tex is extremely enamored with his Fanny—his wife, that is. So when his Fanny’s jewels and artwork go missing, Big Tex hires the great-niece of Sherlock Holmes and the great-grand... READ MORE | BUY NOW
30. Cinderella Redux by Mike NolandCast: 11 M, 13 F, 7 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 9 M, 11 F, 2 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 73 pgs
COMEDY/SPOOF. Audiences of all ages will love this off-kilter, madcap version of “Cinderella.” With the bad economy and no job skills, Prince Wigglesworth needs to find a bride so he can become king... READ MORE | BUY NOW
31. Cloak and Dagger by Craig SodaroCast: 5 M, 6 F, extras
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 71 pgs.
SPOOF. In this spoof of “Casablanca,” the “usual” suspects appear—a fortune hunter, a crook, and a spy—but in this case, they take the form of a Texas cowgirl, a mysterious damsel in distress, and a ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
32. Cock-a-doodle-doo! by Heather LynnCast: 13 M, 11 F, 27 flexible (With doubling: 12 M, 10 F, 21 flexible. Tripling possible.
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 93 pgs
COMEDY. Adapted from the play by Edmond Rostand. When Chantecler, a barnyard rooster, attends the Guinea Hen’s soirée, he isn’t intimidated by the fancy roosters in attendance. While they may have ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
33. Cookies and Crime by Craig SodaroCast: 5 M, 13 F, opt. extras (With doubling: 5 M, 10F)
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 66 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. When the cookie money goes missing and the museum curator is found dead, bake-sale volunteers at the Houtini House Museum immediately suspect foul play. But with the police chi... READ MORE | BUY NOW
34. Dapple Gray by Dwight WatsonCast: 1 M, 2 F
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 76 pgs.
COMEDY. Selected play, American Theatre of Actors Director’s Festival, 2002. Winner, Actor and Playwrights’ Initiative Playfest, 1994. After numerous therapy sessions, Catherine and Charles have fi... READ MORE | BUY NOW
35. Days of Our Roadsboro by Forrest MusselmanCast: 6 M, 6 F, 3 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 4 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 71 pgs.
FARCE. The townspeople of Roadsboro have always treated Dracoola, a 17-year resident and local bed-and-breakfast owner, as an outcast because he’s evil, only comes out at night, and happens to be…a v... READ MORE | BUY NOW
36. Doctor Dolittle by C. Edward WheatonCast: 6 M, 6 F, 17 flexible, opt. extras (With doubing: 4 M, 4 F, 10 flexible. Tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 67 pgs.
CHILDREN’S CLASSIC. Adapted from The Story of Doctor Dolittle and The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting. There are rabbits in the pantry, hedgehogs in the cellar, and even a crocodile under... READ MORE | BUY NOW
37. Don Juan or the Stone Guest (Full-length) by Stella ChesterCast: 9 M, 6 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 3 F, 4 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 68 pgs
CLASSIC FARCE. Adapted from the play by Molière. Notorious scoundrel and ladies’ man, Don Juan, seduces Donna Elvira, luring her from a convent, and then abandons her. Enraged, Elvira’s brothers ar... READ MORE | BUY NOW
38. Ella After by Rob WiedellCast: 4 M, 5 F, 5 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 5 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 66 pgs
COMEDY. Audiences of all ages will enjoy this humorous sequel to “Cinderella.” The ball is over and the Prince discovers who left the glass slipper behind…a beautiful, charming maiden named “Cinder”... READ MORE | BUY NOW
39. Emma, Jane Austen's by Tracy WellsCast: 8 M, 14 F, 3 flexible (With doubling: 7 M, 13 F)
Time: Approximately 120 mins, 94 pgs.
CLASSIC/ROMANTIC COMEDY. Adapted from Jane Austen’s novel. In this humorous romantic comedy, the wealthy, mischievous Emma Woodhouse has a penchant for meddling in the love lives of others and delig... READ MORE | BUY NOW
40. Feast of Epiphany, The by Bryan StarchmanCast: 4 M, 8 F, optional extras (With doubling 3 M, 5 F)
Time: Approximately 100 minutes, 96 pgs.
COMEDY. Colin McKinney, a successful romance novelist, wants to keep his profession a secret from his ultra-Catholic parents, especially his overbearing, neurotic mother. Colin writes under the pseu... READ MORE | BUY NOW
41. Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Doug GoheenCast: 8 M, 5 F (With doubling: 7 M, 4 F)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 79 pgs
CLASSIC. Audiences of all ages will enjoy this wholesome, heartfelt classic. Since the death of her husband three years ago, Mamsie Pepper struggles to provide for her five children by mending coats... READ MORE | BUY NOW
42. Frankenstein, Mary Shelley's by Doug GoheenCast: 4 M, 3 F
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 81 pgs.
CLASSIC HORROR. Adapted from the novel by Mary Shelley. Victor Frankenstein is obsessed with discovering the secret of life, so he spends several months fashioning a man out of dead body parts. Whe... READ MORE | BUY NOW
43. Get Off My Cabbage! by L. Don SwartzCast: 2 M, 2 F
Time: Approximately 60-75 mins,
COMEDY. In this hilarious sequel to Regrets Only, cranky curmudgeons Lottie and Bernice are back and they are grumpier than ever! This time they are lounging on Lottie’s front porch selling cabbages... READ MORE | BUY NOW
44. Glance at New York, A by Arthur ReelCast: 9 M, 7 F, 7 flexible, extras (Doubling possible)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 54 pgs.
COMEDY WITH SONG. A hit in its day, A Glance at New York (1848) was one of the first plays to portray working-class life and speech, providing a snapshot of what life was like for those living in New... READ MORE | BUY NOW
45. Government Inspector, The by Jack Skeeter DennisCast: 8 M, 7 F, 14 flexible, extras (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 80 pgs
CLASSIC FARCE. Audiences will love all the twists and turns, mistaken identities, and absurd situations in this timeless, side-splitting farce adapted from the play by Nikolai Gogol. The mayor of a ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
46. Great Expectations by Tracy WellsCast: 17 M, 13 F, 1 flexible (With doubling: 13 M, 10 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximately 120-150 mins, 100 pgs
CLASSIC. Adapted from the novel by Charles Dickens. Pip, a young orphan, lives with his abusive sister and her husband Joe Gargery, a blacksmith. While visiting the graves of his parents, Pip encou... READ MORE | BUY NOW
47. Green Carnation, The by C. Edward WheatonCast: 3 M, 3 F
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 64 pgs.
SATIRE. This play is adapted from the scandalous novel by Robert Hichens (1894), which satirizes fashionable London society and figures associated with the Aesthetic Movement, most notably Oscar Wild... READ MORE | BUY NOW
48. Guess Who's Coming to Supper by Eddie McPhersonCast: 6 M, 5 F, 1 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90-100 minutes, 95 pgs
COMEDY. Ally is afraid to introduce her boyfriend, Kevin, to her parents. Even though Kevin is good looking, a law school graduate, and has a wonderful job, he has one major flaw and Ally is terrifi... READ MORE | BUY NOW
49. Hamalot by Nicholas ContiCast: 7 M, 8 F, extras
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, depending upon length of royal festival, 62 pgs.
FARCE. After Princess Opheliac encounters the ghost of Sir Gawain, she learns that he is doomed to walk the grounds of Elsenomore Castle in Hamalot, Denmark forever until he brings the Holy Grail bac... READ MORE | BUY NOW
50. Hamlet Goes Hollywood by Dwayne YanceyCast: 9 M, 4 F, 8 flexible, extras (With doubling: 8 M, 4 F, 5 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 69 pgs.
INTERACTIVE FARCE. Determined to make Hamlet a Hollywood blockbuster, a director elicits the help of Shakespeare to make a few “minor” changes to the script. Thinking the original script is trite an... READ MORE | BUY NOW