P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
126. Sandora's Box by Greg ElsasserCast: 6 M, 7 F
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 86 pgs.
FARCE. Dr. Kenneth Sandora hopes that he will become the most promising and successful psychotherapist in the field once word gets out about his new invention—a box that can cure mentally ill people ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
127. Scandal at Hampton Estate by Donna Van OssCast: 6 M, 18 F, 4 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 89 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. To impress her snobby friends and to celebrate her new appointment as the city’s Social Calendar Chairperson, Ivana Hampton has planned a fabulous costume ball and has invited a... READ MORE | BUY NOW
128. Scarlet Letter, The by David John PreeceCast: 7 M, 6 F, 1 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 85 pgs
CLASSIC. Adapted from the 1850 novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne. After having an affair with Rev. Dimmesdale and giving birth to his daughter, Hester Prynne is led to the town scaffold where she is publ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
129. School Spirits by Daniel O'DonnellCast: 8 M, 6 F, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 mins, 90 pgs.
FARCE. Mr. Smite, a greedy school principal, has hatched a plan to get rich by cutting back on school expenses, pocketing the savings, and using the money to buy land to sell to the school district a... READ MORE | BUY NOW
130. Secret Garden, The by C. Edward WheatonCast: 6 M, 7 F, 1 flexible (With doubling: 5 M, 5 F)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 104 pgs
CLASSIC. Adapted from the 1911 novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. After her parents die of cholera in India, Mary Lennox is sent to live with her rich uncle, Archibald Craven, at his sprawling estate... READ MORE | BUY NOW
131. Snow Queen, The by Tracy WellsCast: 2 M, 17 F, 9 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 2 M, 12 F, 9 flexible)
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 97 pgs
COMEDY. Inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen.” To defeat Mother Nature and cover the world with ice and snow for all eternity, the Snow Queen kidnaps Kay and holds her prisoner at h... READ MORE | BUY NOW
132. SOS at Richmond Theater by Donna Van OssCast: 7 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 7 M, 7 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 97 pgs.
COMEDY. In order to save the Richmond Theater from being torn down, the summer production of Romeo and Juliet needs to be a huge financial success. A wacky, Diet Coke-addicted director who just prod... READ MORE | BUY NOW
133. Stealing Shakespeare by Michael VukadinovichCast: 4 M, 3 F, optional extras
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 60 pgs.
FARCE. Finalist, Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Contest 2005. Will, a regular Casanova-type, steals Shakespeare’s sonnets and recites them as his own in order to woo unwitting coeds. All seems to b... READ MORE | BUY NOW
134. Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The by Doug GoheenCast: 6 M, 4 F, 1 flexible (With doubling: 5 M, 3 F) (Ensemble actors: 3 M, 3 F)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 64 pgs.
CLASSIC HORROR/MYSTERY. Adapted from the novella by Robert Louis Stevenson. The respectable Dr. Henry Jekyll creates a serum that transforms him into the sinister, depraved Mr. Hyde, who sets about ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
135. Strings Attached by Christian KileyCast: 9 M, 14 F, 9 flexible, opt. extras (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 74 pgs.
FARCE/SATIRE. A lonely inventor thinks he is on the verge of creating the greatest toy craze in history...life-sized dolls that can talk. Toyco, the world’s largest toy company, buys the prototype, ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
136. Supershrink by Dan Eden EDITOR’S PICKCast: 4 M, 3 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 107 pgs.
FARCE. The great superhero, Nuclear Man, is slipping. He’s gained weight, he keeps forgetting to bring the bad-guy net, and he’s obsessed with getting new rims for the Nukemobile. Worried, Atom Boy... READ MORE | BUY NOW
137. Sureluck Holmes, Private Eye by Craig Sodaro EDITOR’S PICKCast: 5 M, 8 F
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 66 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. Sureluck Holmes has decided to quit his job as a private eye and become the manager of a linoleum store. In an effort to rekindle Sureluck’s sleuthing skills, Joni Watson, his ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
138. Surrender, Dorothy! by Craig SodaroCast: 3 M, 8 F, 4 flexible (With doubling: 3 M, 7 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75-90 mins, 76 pgs
FARCE. In this sequel to The Wicked Witch of Oz, the real Wicked Witch of the West and her flying money Niko are magically transported to Kansas, where they have been summoned to save a farm. Doroth... READ MORE | BUY NOW
139. Sweeney Todd and the String of Pearls by Doug GoheenCast: 8 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 89 pgs.
CLASSIC HORROR. Adapted from the 1846-47 serialized penny dreadful, The String of Pearls: A Romance. Last seen at Sweeney Todd’s barbershop on Fleet Street, Lieutenant Thornhill has mysteriously go... READ MORE | BUY NOW
140. These Actors of Mine by Greg Elsasser and Jacquie EmersonCast: 6 M, 6 F
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 83 pgs.
COMEDY. In this hysterically zany play within a play, a cast of community theatre actors rehearse and perform a “unique” version of “Romeo and Juliet”—one that resembles a soap opera more than a Shak... READ MORE | BUY NOW
141. These Days by Greg ElsasserCast: 3 M, 8 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 89 pgs.
COMEDY. The Wilder kids’ home is fairly ordinary except for one thing—they have no parents. Their mother has abandoned them and run off with her boyfriend to start a new life in Pakistan, and they d... READ MORE | BUY NOW
142. Thumbs Up! by Wade BradfordCast: 7 M, 7 F, 7 flexible, extras (With doubling 4 M, 5 F, 6 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 64 pgs.
FARCE. Two movie critics, Edward Nickel and Michael Gilbert, attend a film festival auction in hope of buying the white disco suit John Travolta wore in Saturday Night Fever. Nickel outbids Gilbert ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
143. Till Death Do Them Part by Tricia-Rae Parent, Caleb Riggins, Matt Steele, Mike SteeleCast: 4 M, 7 F, 7 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 88 pgs.
INTERACTIVE MYSTERY/FARCE. No doubt about it…this is definitely the worst wedding day in the history of mankind. There are feuding relatives, a dropped wedding cake, a few earthquakes…and then the b... READ MORE | BUY NOW
144. Track Home, The by Kari CattonCast: 22 M, 18 F, opt. extras (With doubling: 15 M, 13 F. Tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 78 pgs
DRAMA. Audiences will love this gripping play based on the stories of real Orphan Train survivors. It’s 1910, and in an effort to clean the streets of abandoned children in New York City, agents with... READ MORE | BUY NOW
145. Tut, Tut, Tutsy by Craig SodaroCast: 4 M, 8 F
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 65 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. The mummy of King Tut is on the loose and he wants his liver back! After business tycoon Mortimer Tutley purchases an urn containing King Tut’s liver, he receives a threatening... READ MORE | BUY NOW
146. Uff-da! An Amazing Viking Adventure with Utopians, Gunslingers, Merry Men, Amazonians, TV Actors, and Evil Minions! by Kamron KlitgaardCast: 23 M, 28 F, 18 flexible, extras (Flexible cast 69+. Doubling, tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 91 pgs.
FARCE. The laughs never end in this side-splitting farce! In the Viking village of Solvang, Kirsten is tired of staying home and sweeping up filth while the men venture forth on exciting voyages pil... READ MORE | BUY NOW
147. Under a Cowboy Moon by Carl L. WilliamsCast: 6 M, 4 F, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 70 pgs.
COMEDY. Winner of the Hill Country Playwriting Festival Peoples’ Choice Award 2007. Winner of the Backdoor Theatre New Play Award 2003. There ain’t much in Spitwhistle, TX, except some cowboys, som... READ MORE | BUY NOW
148. Up, Up, Up! by Eugene ShearCast: 5 M, 4 F (With doubling: 3 M, 4 F)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 58 pgs
ROMANTIC COMEDY. The laughs never end in this raucous sequel to “The Matchmakers.” It’s one year later and the three Miller brothers and Delacroix sisters meet up again, but this time it’s to get ma... READ MORE | BUY NOW
149. Urning It by Ed VelaCast: 2 M, 3 F, 7 flexible, optional extras (With doubling 2 M, 3 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximatley 90 minutes, 78 pgs.
COMEDY. Winner of the Jewel Box Theatre “Best Play of the Year” Award. Ward Hammacher has just discovered that his extremely rich aunt has died. To honor her last request, he packs up his family an... READ MORE | BUY NOW
150. Vampires on Vacation, The by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 4 M, 8 F, 14 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 8 F, 12 flexible)
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 100 pgs
COMEDY. In this biting comedy, Demonica and her fellow vampires need a relaxing vacation. In the past, they’ve hung out in Kentucky at Mammoth Cave, toured haunted cemeteries in New Orleans, and eve... READ MORE | BUY NOW