P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
126. SOS at Richmond Theater by Donna Van OssCast: 7 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 7 M, 7 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 97 pgs.
COMEDY. In order to save the Richmond Theater from being torn down, the summer production of Romeo and Juliet needs to be a huge financial success. A wacky, Diet Coke-addicted director who just prod... READ MORE | BUY NOW
127. Stealing Shakespeare by Michael VukadinovichCast: 4 M, 3 F, optional extras
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 60 pgs.
FARCE. Finalist, Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Contest 2005. Will, a regular Casanova-type, steals Shakespeare’s sonnets and recites them as his own in order to woo unwitting coeds. All seems to b... READ MORE | BUY NOW
128. Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The by Doug GoheenCast: 6 M, 4 F, 1 flexible (With doubling: 5 M, 3 F) (Ensemble actors: 3 M, 3 F)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 64 pgs.
CLASSIC HORROR/MYSTERY. Adapted from the novella by Robert Louis Stevenson. The respectable Dr. Henry Jekyll creates a serum that transforms him into the sinister, depraved Mr. Hyde, who sets about ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
129. Strings Attached by Christian KileyCast: 9 M, 14 F, 9 flexible, opt. extras (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 74 pgs.
FARCE/SATIRE. A lonely inventor thinks he is on the verge of creating the greatest toy craze in history...life-sized dolls that can talk. Toyco, the world’s largest toy company, buys the prototype, ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
130. Supershrink by Dan Eden EDITOR’S PICKCast: 4 M, 3 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 107 pgs.
FARCE. The great superhero, Nuclear Man, is slipping. He’s gained weight, he keeps forgetting to bring the bad-guy net, and he’s obsessed with getting new rims for the Nukemobile. Worried, Atom Boy... READ MORE | BUY NOW
131. Sureluck Holmes, Private Eye by Craig Sodaro EDITOR’S PICKCast: 5 M, 8 F
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 66 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. Sureluck Holmes has decided to quit his job as a private eye and become the manager of a linoleum store. In an effort to rekindle Sureluck’s sleuthing skills, Joni Watson, his ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
132. Surrender, Dorothy! by Craig SodaroCast: 3 M, 8 F, 4 flexible (With doubling: 3 M, 7 F, 3 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75-90 mins, 76 pgs
FARCE. In this sequel to The Wicked Witch of Oz, the real Wicked Witch of the West and her flying money Niko are magically transported to Kansas, where they have been summoned to save a farm. Doroth... READ MORE | BUY NOW
133. Sweeney Todd and the String of Pearls by Doug GoheenCast: 8 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 89 pgs.
CLASSIC HORROR. Adapted from the 1846-47 serialized penny dreadful, The String of Pearls: A Romance. Last seen at Sweeney Todd’s barbershop on Fleet Street, Lieutenant Thornhill has mysteriously go... READ MORE | BUY NOW
134. These Actors of Mine by Greg Elsasser and Jacquie EmersonCast: 6 M, 6 F
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 83 pgs.
COMEDY. In this hysterically zany play within a play, a cast of community theatre actors rehearse and perform a “unique” version of “Romeo and Juliet”—one that resembles a soap opera more than a Shak... READ MORE | BUY NOW
135. These Days by Greg ElsasserCast: 3 M, 8 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 89 pgs.
COMEDY. The Wilder kids’ home is fairly ordinary except for one thing—they have no parents. Their mother has abandoned them and run off with her boyfriend to start a new life in Pakistan, and they d... READ MORE | BUY NOW
136. Thumbs Up! by Wade BradfordCast: 7 M, 7 F, 7 flexible, extras (With doubling 4 M, 5 F, 6 flexible)
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 64 pgs.
FARCE. Two movie critics, Edward Nickel and Michael Gilbert, attend a film festival auction in hope of buying the white disco suit John Travolta wore in Saturday Night Fever. Nickel outbids Gilbert ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
137. Till Death Do Them Part by Tricia-Rae Parent, Caleb Riggins, Matt Steele, Mike SteeleCast: 4 M, 7 F, 7 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 88 pgs.
INTERACTIVE MYSTERY/FARCE. No doubt about it…this is definitely the worst wedding day in the history of mankind. There are feuding relatives, a dropped wedding cake, a few earthquakes…and then the b... READ MORE | BUY NOW
138. Track Home, The by Kari CattonCast: 22 M, 18 F, opt. extras (With doubling: 15 M, 13 F. Tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 78 pgs
DRAMA. Audiences will love this gripping play based on the stories of real Orphan Train survivors. It’s 1910, and in an effort to clean the streets of abandoned children in New York City, agents with... READ MORE | BUY NOW
139. Tut, Tut, Tutsy by Craig SodaroCast: 4 M, 8 F
Time: Approximately 75 minutes, 65 pgs.
FARCE/MURDER-MYSTERY. The mummy of King Tut is on the loose and he wants his liver back! After business tycoon Mortimer Tutley purchases an urn containing King Tut’s liver, he receives a threatening... READ MORE | BUY NOW
140. Uff-da! An Amazing Viking Adventure with Utopians, Gunslingers, Merry Men, Amazonians, TV Actors, and Evil Minions! by Kamron KlitgaardCast: 23 M, 28 F, 18 flexible, extras (Flexible cast 69+. Doubling, tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 120 minutes, 91 pgs.
FARCE. The laughs never end in this side-splitting farce! In the Viking village of Solvang, Kirsten is tired of staying home and sweeping up filth while the men venture forth on exciting voyages pil... READ MORE | BUY NOW
141. Under a Cowboy Moon by Carl L. WilliamsCast: 6 M, 4 F, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 70 pgs.
COMEDY. Winner of the Hill Country Playwriting Festival Peoples’ Choice Award 2007. Winner of the Backdoor Theatre New Play Award 2003. There ain’t much in Spitwhistle, TX, except some cowboys, som... READ MORE | BUY NOW
142. Up, Up, Up! by Eugene ShearCast: 5 M, 4 F (With doubling: 3 M, 4 F)
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 58 pgs
ROMANTIC COMEDY. The laughs never end in this raucous sequel to “The Matchmakers.” It’s one year later and the three Miller brothers and Delacroix sisters meet up again, but this time it’s to get ma... READ MORE | BUY NOW
143. Urning It by Ed VelaCast: 2 M, 3 F, 7 flexible, optional extras (With doubling 2 M, 3 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximatley 90 minutes, 78 pgs.
COMEDY. Winner of the Jewel Box Theatre “Best Play of the Year” Award. Ward Hammacher has just discovered that his extremely rich aunt has died. To honor her last request, he packs up his family an... READ MORE | BUY NOW
144. Vampires on Vacation, The by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 4 M, 8 F, 14 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 8 F, 12 flexible)
Time: Approximately 100-120 minutes, 100 pgs
COMEDY. In this biting comedy, Demonica and her fellow vampires need a relaxing vacation. In the past, they’ve hung out in Kentucky at Mammoth Cave, toured haunted cemeteries in New Orleans, and eve... READ MORE | BUY NOW
145. Vampyre vs. Faeries by J. Patrick MossCast: 2 M, 2 F, 8 flexible
Time: Approximately 75 mins, 67 pgs.
FARCE. The vampire council punishes Vampyre by exiling him to the heart of the Dark Forest, where he must live with the most horrific creatures known to vampires…faeries! In the Dark Forest, Vampyre... READ MORE | BUY NOW
146. Ward Six by Arthur ReelCast: 4 M, 1 F, 3 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 87 pgs.
DRAMA. This adaptation of one of Anton Chekhov’s most influential short stories, “Ward Six,” (1892) depicts the horrors of a Russian mental ward. An idealistic new doctor accepts a post at a hospita... READ MORE | BUY NOW
147. Watchin' Waldo by John D. SmithermanCast: 2 M, 5 F
Time: Approximately 90 mins, 70 pgs.
COMEDY. After 25 years of wedded “bliss,” Mr. Brendlmeyer has decided to take his wife on a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate their anniversary. John, an eager-to-please employee who has recently been ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
148. Way of the World, The by Lorraine ThompsonCast: 7 M, 10 F, 4 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 86 pgs.
COMEDY. This easy-to-stage adaptation of William Congreve’s Restoration masterpiece features a hilarious cast of aristocratic rogues and schemers who are determined to prevent the marriage of two you... READ MORE | BUY NOW
149. Whining 'n' Dining at the Snack 'n' Yak by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 4 M, 13 F, 7 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 13 F, 2 flexible)
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 82 pgs.
COMEDY. Mr. Crisper has left Zooey in charge of his diner while he is out of town at an enchilada convention. Zooey soon realizes that keeping the Snack ‘n’ Yak running smoothly isn’t so easy. Not ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
150. Wicked Witch of Oz, The by Craig SodaroCast: 4 M, 11 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 70 pgs.
FARCE. When the real Wicked Witch of the West, Hecubah, suddenly finds herself on the set of a high school production of “The Wizard of Oz,” she and her flying monkey, Nikko, quickly realize they are... READ MORE | BUY NOW