P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
One-Acts (20-40 mins)
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3 4
51. Mad Tea Party, The by Clint SnyderCast: 1 F, 3 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 27 pgs
FARCE. Audiences will love this witty, modern sequel to the Mad Hatter’s tea party in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1865). Like the infamous Alice, Allie follows the White Rabbit down a rabbit h... READ MORE | BUY NOW
52. Maladroit Romeo, The by Len CuthbertCast: 1 M, 1 F
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 36 pgs.
COMEDY. Bob loves Angelina but when it comes to romance, he can be a little inept. Bob’s plan to propose to Angelina in the college library where they first met studying “Romeo and Juliet” goes awry... READ MORE | BUY NOW
53. Match (dot) Comedy by Bradley HaywardCast: 1 M, 6 F
Time: Approximately 20-25 minutes, 24 pgs.
COMEDY. Trevor has finally decided to tie the knot with his girlfriend, so he invites her to a swanky restaurant to propose. But just ten minutes after she accepts, Trevor gets cold feet and decides... READ MORE | BUY NOW
54. Monkey's Paw, The by Heather LynnCast: 2 M, 1 F, 2 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 23 pgs
CLASSIC HORROR. Adapted from the short story by W. W. Jacobs. The White family is transformed into a family plagued with only death and misery after a family friend, Sergeant-Major Morris, gives the... READ MORE | BUY NOW
55. My Fair Dragon by Lavinia RobertsCast: 4 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 33 pgs.
FARCE. King Cuthbert and Queen Priscilla have to break the bad news to Princess Poppy: She can’t keep her pet dragon Dimpleton in the castle anymore. The monster just isn’t fit for palace life. He... READ MORE | BUY NOW
56. Nightmare Campout, The by Geff Moyer NEW!Cast: 5 F (With doubling: 4 F)
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 30 pgs.
COMEDY. It’s getting dark, and four Girl Scouts are lost in a wooded area. Their imaginations run wild as they think they hear growling grizzly bears, screeching vampires, hissing snakes, and the hu... READ MORE | BUY NOW
57. North of Pelican Rapids by Greg ElsasserCast: 3 M, 2 F
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 29 pgs.
FARCE. Winner of the East Repertory Theatre’s Annual Playwriting Competition. When Aaron arrives to pick up his prom date, he gets to meet her “parents” for the first time. While his girlfriend is ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
58. Ogre Etiquette by Lavinia RobertsCast: 3 M, 9 F, 6 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 31 pgs.
FARCE. Fairy Godmother is at wit’s end with her class of unruly, misbehaved princes and princesses and all their fighting, dueling, and combative behavior. To teach her students that their behavior ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
59. On Guard by John TissotCast: 9 M, 4 F
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 27 pgs.
FARCE/SATIRE. This wry, sardonic play offers a humorous and chilling look at war. A lonely, bored young soldier stands guard at a military hospital. There, he encounters wounded soldiers coming in ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
60. Open Boat, The by Arthur ReelCast: 4 M
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs.
DRAMA. Adapted from Stephen Crane's classic short story, this play chronicles the harrowing events of four men shipwrecked off the coast of Florida. Trapped at sea in a small lifeboat, the men take ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
61. Pan Handled by Clint SnyderCast: 4 M, 10 F, 16 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 10 F, 10 flexible)
Time: Approximately 20-30 minutes, 23 pgs.
FARCE. Easy to stage, audiences of all ages will enjoy this hilarious sequel to Peter Pan. Captain Hook has fallen on hard times and has been forced to downsize. His hook hand has been replaced wit... READ MORE | BUY NOW
62. Pied Piper of Hamelin, The by William Kilborne and Al ViolaCast: 12 flexible, extras (Doubing possible.)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 35 pgs.
CHILDREN’S CLASSIC. This play preserves much of the original verse of Robert Browning’s poem but has been modified so that it can be performed by young actors. Hamelin is suffering a horrible rat in... READ MORE | BUY NOW
63. Please Hold by Clint SnyderCast: 2 M, 13 F or 15 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 25 pgs
COMEDY. Five employees with major personality flaws have been hired to “help” customers at a cable company call center. There’s an overly peppy agent, an agent with anger issues, a rude southern bel... READ MORE | BUY NOW
64. Please Hold 2: The Trainees by Clint SnyderCast: 4 M, 9 F, 10 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs.
FARCE. In this uproarious sequel to Please Hold, we’re back at the Blueberry Tree Cable Company call center with new customer service agents, their trainees, and a mob of angry customers. Since trai... READ MORE | BUY NOW
65. Quiet on the Set! by Mitchell RoushCast: 4 M, 2 F, 3 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 23 pgs
FARCE. At this low-budget film shoot, the director has no vision for the film, the boom-mic guy keeps falling asleep, the assistant has a tendency to panic, and the script is absolutely horrible. Th... READ MORE | BUY NOW
66. Red Devil by Arthur ReelCast: 1 M, 4 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 28 pgs.
DRAMA. This adaptation captures Maxim Gorky’s stark, naturalistic rendering of five people locked in a dehumanizing system of oppression and violence. Set in a house of prostitution, three women suf... READ MORE | BUY NOW
67. Robin Hood and the Peddler by Clint SnyderCast: 3 M, 1 F, 17 flexible (With doubling: 2 M, 1 F, 10 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 25 pgs.
FARCE. Inspired by the 1500 ballad “Robin Hood and the Potter.” Robin Hood and his Merry Men (or in this case, “Serious Women”) stop a peddler traveling through Sherwood Forest and demand that she p... READ MORE | BUY NOW
68. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern by Heather LynnCast: 5 M, 2 F, 1 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 20 minutes, 22 pgs
CLASSIC. Adapted for young actors from the play by W.S. Gilbert. To prevent Hamlet from soliloquizing, Queen Gertrude has summoned two merry knaves, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, to provide court re... READ MORE | BUY NOW
69. Shakespearean Dating Show, A by Lavinia Roberts NEW!Cast: 13 M, 13 F, 1 flexible, extras (With doubling: 8 M, 8 F, 1 flexible. Tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 31 pgs.
FARCE. In this reality-TV show, characters from Shakespeare’s "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," "The Taming of the Shrew," "King Lear," and "Romeo and Juliet" compete to find true love. Bachelors battle ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
70. Shakespeare's Mid-Winter's Nightmare by Darby Wills ChismCast: 6 M, 10 F, 1 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 8 F)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs
COMEDY. What starts as a dream quickly turns into a nightmare when Shakespeare, sick in bed and suffering from writer’s block, is visited by some of his most famous characters including Hamlet, Ophel... READ MORE | BUY NOW
71. Shakespeare's Next Top Fool by Lavinia Roberts NEW!Cast: 7 M, 12 F, 8 flexible (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 38 pgs.
FARCE. In this reality-TV show, fools compete for the title of Shakespeare’s Next Top Fool. Contestants include the clown from "Othello," King Lear’s fool, and the gravediggers from "Hamlet." With ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
72. Shakespeare's Next Top Model by Lavinia RobertsCast: 6 M, 18 F, 10 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: Minimum cast of 15.)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 32 pgs
SPOOF. Greetings and welcome to “Shakespeare’s Next Top Model,” the TV-reality show where the lovely ladies of Shakespeare compete for a modeling contract and the chance to be Shakespeare’s next top ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
73. Shoe Booties by Greg ElsasserCast: 2 M, 3 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 32 pgs.
FARCE. Ian, an actor, has made it “big” in his first movie. To celebrate, he has flown his brother and friends from Pelican Rapids, MN, to visit him in Los Angeles. Ian has even purchased $150 tick... READ MORE | BUY NOW
74. Soapy and the Island by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 12 flexible (With doubling: 10 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 26 pgs.
CLASSIC. Adapted from the O. Henry short story, “The Cop and the Anthem.” Soapy, a New York City hobo, longs to spend the winter months at his favorite island “paradise”―the jail on Rikers Island! ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
75. Sound Cues by Michael VukadinovichCast: 3 M or 3 F
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 52 pgs.
COMEDY. When a community theatre soundboard operator breaks the stereo during a show, he/she and two other sound techs are forced to create the sound effects themselves. They manage to pull off the ... READ MORE | BUY NOW