P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
One-Acts (45-60 mins)
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3
Time: Approximately 60-75 minutes, 62 pgs
FARCE. Due to budget cuts, the School for Impressively Awesome Girls must merge with the Academy of Gifted, Malevolent, and Nefarious Girls. Combining good students with evil students in a school wh... READ MORE | BUY NOW
2. American Idle by Bradley HaywardCast: 10 M, 8 F, extras (Flexible cast 40+. With doubling: 3 M, 3 F)
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 57 pgs.
SPOOF. It’s become the latest TV reality show craze! In “American Idle,” contestants vie for the honor of becoming America’s number-one high school slacker. Host Brian Seacrest takes us through rou... READ MORE | BUY NOW
3. Bohemians, The by C. Edward WheatonCast: 13 M, 5 F, 5 flexible, optional extras
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes, 43 pgs.
VICTORIAN MELODRAMA. This adaptation combines two well-known classic novels of French Bohemian life—Henri Du Maurier’s Tribly and Henri Murger’s The Bohemians of the Latin Quarter, which inspired Puc... READ MORE | BUY NOW
4. Dating for Dietrich by Kory HowardCast: 4 M, 10 F, 2 flexible
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 57 pgs.
COMEDY. “Committed man looking for a wife. Needs to be a little boring and willing to be engaged in one day.” Tired of his parents treating him like a loser because he isn’t married, Dietrich tells... READ MORE | BUY NOW
5. Day Black Bart and Dangerous Dan McGrew Went to Dueling at Miss Kitty's Golden Nugget Saloon, The by John Donald O'SheaCast: 4 M, 4 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 42 pgs.
FARCE. When Black Bart accuses Dangerous Dan of cheating at cards, the two decide to duel it out at Miss Kitty’s Golden Nugget Saloon. It seems like a simple way to solve a dispute, but navigating t... READ MORE | BUY NOW
6. Day Ma's Boys Done Went to Town to Rob the Bank Again, The by John Donald O'SheaCast: 6 M, 6 F
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 56 pgs.
MELODRAMA. High in the hills of Arkansas, Ma’s boys have hatched a plan to rob the Vulture Rock bank. The only problem is that there is no bank in the town of Vulture Rock! The last time Ma’s boys ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
7. Deadline Dilemma by Carol Costa NEW!Cast: 3 M, 5 F
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes depending on the time set aside for audience participation, which can be optional.
INTERACTIVE MYSTERY/COMEDY. In this topsy-turvy murder mystery, all the suspects confess to murdering a disreputable accountant and his secretary. Though all the suspects offer convincing stories, t... READ MORE | BUY NOW
8. Death Warrant for Dracula by John Donald O'SheaCast: 4 M, 5 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 55 pgs.
FARCE. Disguised as Professor Alucard (Dracula spelled backwards), Count Dracula takes a teaching position at a small women’s college. But instead of preying upon hapless Victorian females, Dracul... READ MORE | BUY NOW
9. Don Juan (60 mins) by Stella ChesterCast: 8 M, 6 F, 5 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 5 M, 3 F, 4 flexible)
Time: Approximately 60 mins, 61 pgs.
CLASSIC FARCE. Adapted from the play by Molière. Notorious scoundrel and ladies’ man, Don Juan, marries Elvira and then abandons her. Enraged, Elvira’s brothers are determined to hunt Don Juan down... READ MORE | BUY NOW
10. Emperor's Hot New Duds!, The by R. Eugene JacksonCast: 4 M, 8 F, 13 flexible
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 61 pgs
FARCE. Inspired by “The Emperor’s New Clothes” by Hans Christian Andersen. After taking all the townfolks’ money, and even the shirts off their backs, the mayor (aka “The Emperor”) of Cactus Patch n... READ MORE | BUY NOW
11. Emperor's New Crème Brulee by Lavinia RobertsCast: 3 M, 6 F, 8 flexible, opt. extras (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 45 minutes, 40 pgs
COMEDY. Inspired by the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale “The Emperor’s New Clothes.” An English biscuit manufacturer has its sights set on stealing the dessert recipes of the most celebrated Pari... READ MORE | BUY NOW
12. Gold Mine, The by Peter CampbellCast: 6 M, 4 F, 9 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 5 M, 3 F, 5 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 40 pgs.
FARCE. Yearning for adventure, Buzz and Hank are mysteriously transported to the Yukon town of Quagmire (pop. 57, temp. -40˚) where they join forces with two dance hall singers to locate a missing go... READ MORE | BUY NOW
13. Hansel and Gretel and Friends by Mike NolandCast: 7 M, 7 F, 3 flexible
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes, 55 pgs.
FARCE. Hansel and Gretel have noticed that their new stepmother has been as cranky as a bear, gives them creepy looks, and keeps asking them, “How would you like to go on a long trip?” Well, the “lo... READ MORE | BUY NOW
14. High School Tail of Terror, A by Craig SodaroCast: 7 M, 11 F, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 55 pgs
COMEDY. Intrepid student detective Sam Archer has just solved his most recent case—locating a lost term paper. Now Sam has been called on to solve the case of “Operation Tall Tail.” After a cold-he... READ MORE | BUY NOW
15. Highly Ridiculous Tale of Jack, A by Daniel A. Kelin IICast: 6 M, 3 F, 5 flexible
Time: Approximately 60 mins, 60 pgs.
FARCE. Jack doesn’t like to practice his bagpipes. He just likes playing them. Jack’s bagpipe playing is so horrible, his parents can’t take it anymore. His mother can’t bring herself to tell Jack... READ MORE | BUY NOW
16. How to Get Rid of Your Husband, Circa 1910 by Heather Lynn NEW!Cast: 5 M, 5 F, 2 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 3 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximately 45-60 mins, 43 pgs.
COMEDY/DRAMA. Adapted from the plays “The Twelve Pound Look” and “Half an Hour” by J.M. Barrie. In “The Twelve Pound Look” the wealthy Harry Sims is to be knighted in a few days and is flooded with ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
17. Importance of Being Earnest, The by Tracy WellsCast: 4 M, 4 F, 3 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 4 F, 2 flexible)
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 55 pgs
CLASSIC. This 60-minute adaptation of Oscar Wilde’s uproarious play is easy to stage and perfect for young actors. Jack has fallen in love with Gwendolen, the cousin of his best friend, Algernon. M... READ MORE | BUY NOW
18. It's a Calamity, Jane! by Geff MoyerCast: 5 M, 3 F
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes, 42 pgs
COMEDY/WESTERN. Wild Bill Hickok knows he’s gotta cure his hiccups before the Doolin clan gits to town for a shootout. Knowin’ Wild Bill won’t be able to shoot straight with the hiccups, Calamity Ja... READ MORE | BUY NOW
19. It's Not Ugly…It's Art! by Gary Ray StappCast: 4 M, 5 F
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 48 pgs.
FARCE. A Manhattan art dealer, Reginald Broake, discovers a rare Picasso painting and jumps at the opportunity to purchase it. Broake invites two wealthy art enthusiasts to his gallery in hopes of c... READ MORE | BUY NOW
20. Legend of Little Lump, The by Jeff FolschinskyCast: 4 M, 3 F, 2 flexible (With Doubling: 4 M, 2 F, 2 flexible)
Time: Approximately 60-75 mins, 56 pgs.
FARCE. Adapted from the novel Tales from Little Lump: Alien Season by Jeff Folschinsky. When crop circles appear, ominous noises are heard, and a government agent arrives disguised as a “fisherman,... READ MORE | BUY NOW
21. Love of One's Neighbor by Stella ChesterCast: 9 M, 8 F, 25 flexible, opt. extras (Flexible cast. Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes, 38 pgs.
FARCE. Adapted from the play by Leonid Andreyev. Tourists from all over the world have gathered at a popular mountain destination eager to witness a man fall from a rocky ledge. The man has been st... READ MORE | BUY NOW
22. Maggie, A Girl of the Streets by Arthur ReelCast: 8 M, 4 F, 2 flexible, extras (With doubling: 6 M, 4 F)
Time: Approximately 45 minutes, 48 pgs.
DRAMA. Adapted from Stephen Crane’s novel, Maggie, A Girl of the Streets (1896) this play depicts with shocking realism the poverty and desperation of Maggie, a young woman who must work in a sweat s... READ MORE | BUY NOW
23. Magic Fishbone, The by Claudia HaasCast: 5 M, 12 F, 9 flexible. (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 62 pgs.
CLASSIC. Audiences of all ages will enjoy this humorous and touching play. Alicia is given a magical fishbone, which will grant her just one wish. With nothing but rotten vegetables to eat and no c... READ MORE | BUY NOW
24. Mama Tomcat's Flying School by Spring HermannCast: 3 M, 3 F, 4 flexible (With doubling: 3 M, 2 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximately 50 minutes, 37 pgs
COMEDY. Adapted from award-winning author Luis Sepúlveda’s novel The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly. Zorbo the tomcat, used to living “the cat’s life” with his buddies Sal, Ein... READ MORE | BUY NOW
25. Midsummer's Feast, A by Emilio ReginaCast: 2 M, 4 F, 7 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 40 minutes, 39 pgs.
FARCE. In this play within a play, a theatre group must perform a horrendous adaptation of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” called “A Midsummer’s Feast.” The play’s plotline focuses on a gr... READ MORE | BUY NOW